Subject: [Leica] Re: Does the Leica flip polarizer work on the R-D1?
From: rgacpa at pacbell.net (Bob Adler)
Date: Wed Feb 2 10:04:17 2005

Chris,
I use this expensive bit of hardware and find it works
very well, though a bit cumbersome. Also, it requires
threaded "flanges" (for lack of a better word) that
screw into your lense and then are used by the
swinging filter mechanism to attach. Each flange has a
different screw on size to fit the different Leica
lenses. If I remember correctly, there is no flange
for lenses less than 35mm.
An alternative available to Leica users (and perhaps
your RD-1) is made/sold by Lutz Konermann and called
the STEPS. I have no experience with it, but I do use
other products from Lutz for my Leica and they work as
advertised. Ensure your lenses filter ring size is
available, as you should with the Leica polarizer.
http://www.leicagoodies.com/
Good luck,
Bob

From: "Christopher Driggett" <driggett@mac.com>
All,
    I was looking to get a polarizer for my R-D1 and
saw the Leica
version for 357 dollars.  I was astounded until I read
that it has a
little flip function so that you can see the effect in
the viewfinder.
Can anybody give me an opnioun on this? Does it work?
Is it worth the
money?
Thanks,
Chris