Subject: [Leica] Re: color balance poll
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Feb 2 17:20:29 2005

George,
I prefer the top one too.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/2005_2  original shot (top image)

  I hope the photographer doesn't mind me having taken the liberty of
downloading the original, please feel free to play with any of mine , but if
catch anyone selling them ...............
As a test of some freeware demos I downloaded a couple of weeks ago I ran
the
shot through both Colorcast_FX and DCE.

I think DCE preserves a lot of the warmth of the scene but applies a, to me,
pleasant reduction at the red end of the spectrum without ruining the
atmosphere.A romantic  "of course I love you" theme
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/top_dce

Colorcast_FX brings out what I think may be the "true" colours, the blue of
the
young mans jeans and the skin tones, however the atmosphere here goes down
the
drain, making it a less romantic "but we can still be friends" shot
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/top_ccf

I think the crux of the matter is whether you want to capture a particular
atmosphere or mood - what the colours should be is purely a personal thing,
"eye
of the beholder" stuff.
Douglas
Both were applied with the "straight out of the box" standard settings, not
tweaked by me in any way.