Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Feb 4 14:27:14 2005

In a message dated 2/4/2005 11:04:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,
nicholsj@edge.net writes:

Sonny,
I've noticed that most of your recent flower photos have a  completely black
background.  I assume you must be shooting these at  night with some form of
artificial lighting.  How do you arrive at  these striking images?

Jim Nichols

I shoot them early in the morning in relatively low light at ISO 100 in
macro.   I look fro backgrounds that are naturally shady to bring  out the
color.
I also often burn down the background some.  No  magic, just the technique
that seems to work best.  Thanks for the  comment!

Sonny

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com