Subject: [Leica] 75 'cron now 105 F1.4 WHATEVER!
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Feb 6 08:37:55 2005

Ted.. we live in 2 worlds..... The ART world where nothing is quantifiable,
also called the world of marekting where we get to be convinced of thinsg
that simply are not true, using "facts":   and the scientific world where
real hard quantifiable data is used to establish "facts".

I have said before that it is your art.  You get to make the last word on
what is good enough, or not.

Testing, etc is a way to convince others that a specific point is valid, and
in so doing, get a person to buy something.  People make decisions based
upon "facts".  Debunking them is hard, because facts are technical and few
users can understand the technicalities.  Markleteers make it easy to
swallow their "facts".  "Facts" bounce all over the LUG.  Some are true,
some are bunk.

The bottom line is whatever works is OK, but donl;t try to convice me that
your opinion is something I should run to embrace.  Especially when your
opinion is based upon misunderstood "facts" made by others.  Let's be clear
on what is subjective and what is objective.

None of this is worded at Ted, nor his opinions.  It is directed to get
people to at least question the source and methodology of the "facts" they
intend to use to make a buying decision.

Now off to do what Ted has said....the TAKE PICTURES part.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

 Why not just do something
new and innovative........ TAKE PICTURES! :-)

Yeah I know, everytime I say this, there's always some technical in the cold
cruel world of Photodom who requires this absolutely mindless information
even when they don't own either of said products. So I suppose I should be
quiet because as sure as the Great Spirit made green little apples I'll be
told.... " if you don't like it.... delete it!" ;-)

OK. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] 75 'cron now 105 F1.4 WHATEVER!)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] 75 'cron now 105 F1.4 WHATEVER!)