Subject: [Leica] 75 Lux on RD 1
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sun Feb 6 16:19:36 2005

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:00:18 -0500
> From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
> I wonder if anyone has mounted a 75 Summilux on the RD-1?  Howard, Dr.
> Yao, Frank, anyone have both the RD-1 and the 75 Summilux?  Want to
> chase attractive faces to see how this combination works?

Hi Don,
Sorry - sold my 75 Lux before I got the RD 1. Didn't like the Lux
because of framing confusion on my M6HM - the 50 framelines and the 75
"italics" showing together in the viewfinder. Preferred to use the 75
on the Bessa R 2 (with a single 75 frameline) but then the short
rangefinder base defeated accurate focusing. Finally gave up in disgust
and sold it. Would say, however, that when I got something in focus -
it was beautifully rendered. My suspicion is that the short rangefinder
base of the RD 1 would produce similar focusing frustrations when
trying to use a 75 Lux - at least for me. YMMV,
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from director at ubi.edu (Lucien) ([Leica] 75mm frame only, was: 75 Lux on RD 1)