Subject: [Leica] Re: R8/20D comparison (WAS: 75 'cron)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Feb 6 17:05:13 2005

On 2/5/05 9:43 PM, "Nathan Wajsman" <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl> typed:

> On the other hand, there is also a minus, at least based on my limited
> experience playing with an R8+DMR at Photokina: becase the DMR is quite
> thick, it was difficult to get my eye close to the viewfinder without
> mashing my nose and mouth against the DMR.
>
> Under 20D, you listed "startup delay"--do you mean it has one or not? I
> find that mine has no delay, one of the things I really like about it.
>
> Nathan

Cant think of another more classic example and repeated time and time again
on the LUG of a camera in which playing with at the camera store does not do
it the justice it deserves.

And that's if people go that far as it's appearance on the glass shelf puts
many off enough to not even bother wanting to ask to hold it.

It needs a roll of film in it and a quick run around the block to shoot that
roll to realize the camera body is the opposite of the main message it gives
out.
Instead of being the most ergonomically strange and awkward camera body to
come out in quite a long time it is innovatively just the opposite.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/