Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: FS: Leitz/Leica 350mm f/4.8 Telyt-R
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri Feb 11 13:21:21 2005

Frank, I think you're making  the assumption (as I have) that "APO" and
"apochromatic" are interchangable and mean exactly the same thing.  In this
case "APO" is a marketing designation, like "ED" is for Nikon lenses.  It
looks like it's an abbreviation for "apochromatic" and the "APO" terminology
was probably chosen to make us think that, but I think we'll all comprehend
this better if we think of "APO" as Leica's way of saying "ED".

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com