Subject: [Leica] Nikon LS-4000 scanner
From: mads.christensen at gmx.net (Mads Christensen)
Date: Sat Feb 12 17:56:16 2005

Thanks for your swift reply, Clayton.

Apparently you did not notice that I was saying that I am using a Fire Wire
adapter plugged into the laptop's PC card port. And that connection works
but for some 10-15 minutes, then the laptop 'pretends' that there is no
scanner connected and I have to abort the scanning. I have not
systematically tried to find out how quickly I can resume scanning but
obviously 'something is heating up' in the link between the scanner and the
laptop. So far I have been unable to find out if we are talking about a
software or hardware malfunction.

Mads