Subject: [Leica] How much does it cost to make an M4-P2 $499? body the buyout
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Fri Feb 18 05:43:54 2005

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your opinion, the M7 uses an
upgraded form of the standard Leica cloth shutter. Marvelous unit but
it requires meticulous hand assembly and adjustment. So yes they saved
some money on having only a few mechanical controls as compared to a
standard M but there is still a lot of expense in them thar shutter
hills.

The ubiquitous vertical shutter assembly is easily mass manufactured
and sold as a ready to go unit. How do you spell cheap like borsch?

I agree completely that that the cost of the metering assembly would be
minimal when compared to the viewfinder and shutter assemblies.

I do want a digital M but I think it is the only thing that is going to
save Leica.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] How much does it cost to make an M4-P2 $499? body the buyout)
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] How much does it cost to make an M4-P2 $499? body the buyout)