Subject: [Leica] A Leica Business Plan
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Fri Feb 18 16:25:06 2005

If the market isn't us, then Leica has a problem. Younger folks (sheesh, I'm
38) research their product buys online - cars, refrigerators, wedding
caterers,
pricey guitars, and yes, even cameras.   They also express their
opinions about
these products online, and seek out others' opinions, again, when making
their
buy decisions.

Busy people?  Phooey. I ran a company for many years and shopped this way
online. My younger brother is a banker at DB, and he too researches product
buys online.

If Leica's market is a few "offline" greek tycoons and retired dentists,
they're
screwed - current quarter losses or not.  They'd be wise to listen to
online
communities. It's the word-of-mouth marketing of the present and the future.

Scott