Subject: [Leica] Non Lecia help needed
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 17:32:23 2005

Phong, yes, I know that Mr. Grimes has died, but his firm of  photographic
machinists lives on and, to avoid extraneous information on this  informal
web
site, I used the "he" in a general sense. I'm sorry for my lack of
specificity.
  By the way, and way OT, I was born in that old cotton textile city,
worked
a long time ago at the age of 15 as a bobbin boy in a cotton mill  near
there, fished for horned pout in the dye-stained Blackstone River and, for
a short
time, worked as a cub reporter for The Providence Journal and took  a few
pictures with a 4x5 Speed Graphic. I never heard of Leica until many years
later.
  In view of current developments, I hope I live to hear of Leica for  years
to come.
  Regards from the mountains of North Carolina, bob  cole