Subject: [Leica] bad news and good news about the R-D1
From: joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low)
Date: Sat Feb 19 00:16:34 2005

           Sorry to disappoint you Scott - but this is the day and age of
the throw aways and
           built in obsolescenct consumer products

           In my humble opinion - the RD 1 is a test piece and market
barometer - why else would

           Epson look for a JV partner instead of building their own system
from ground zero?

           It is not for want of optical technology or the supply of quality
optics.

           We are in the era of technology becoming obsolescent in months
and not years - therefore

           they had to pop it out quickly - test the waters and take it from
there.

            If my theory is right - I dare say a Mark II should be in the
works - and I am waiting.

           Joseph Low