Subject: [Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sat Feb 19 13:05:32 2005

Ted, I agree, with what you are saying here. I think part of the
frustration that a lot of people
are expressing is that the level of mismanagement on Leicas part is
mind boggling and
could have been avoided by a few smart decision. Having grown up in
Germany I understand
why they have acted the way they have, but that doesn't solve the
problem. Frankly I hope that
Leica finds a Japanese partner to help bring them into the next
millennium. They need someone who can
furnish them with digital technology that can be integrated with their
mechanical and optical wizardry.
I think Hasselblad was a lot smarter. They saw the writing on the wall
and developed the H1, which
is geared towards digital, teamed up with Fuji as a technology partner
and purchased Imacon, which
provides them with sensor technology and software.

Personally I will continue to shoot film, unless my lively hood
suddenly depends on going digital.
My desire for a digital M has more to do with my wish for the survival
of Leica, than my current
personal needs, although they may change down the road.

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from tarek.charara at pix-that-stimulate.com (Tarek Charara) ([Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout)