Subject: [Leica] Re:QUIET M7
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Sun Feb 20 03:28:23 2005

>I agree with you on the quietness of an M7 shutter, yeah sometimes it seems
>silent.
>
> As you know I click away with 3 of them at the same time and I'm always
>conscious of any noise factor because I'm supposed to be the "invisible
>photographer." ;-) There's no question M6 to M7 I believe the M7's are
>quieter for whatever reason.  Then again maybe my bionic ears are failing..
>;-)
>
>ted

Some years ago the French magazine Chasseur d'Images run a test of the
quieter camera ever built. They do not include -of course- any SLR.
Using some sound laboratory gear the conclusion was the quieter camera
built was a Konica Hexar -fixed lens- followed, shortly, by a M6. Both
are in my arsenal but I do not agree. I thought the more silent camera
is my Rolleiflex Planar 2.8. Right now I cannot confirm my impression as
I have got severe audition problems, so practically I cannot hear none
of them but my noisiest camera a Zenza Bronica S2A which sounds more or
less like  "katacrochka..." every time is shooted. As here we use to say
it awakes a dead man.

Regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Re:QUIET M7)