Subject: [Leica] Leica Sightings
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun Feb 20 14:44:52 2005

At 8:54 AM -0500 2/20/05, Richard S. Taylor wrote:
>I almost never see other folks with Leicas when I travel.
>Yesterday, at "The Gates" in New York's Central Park, where just
>about every other person was using  a digital P&S, I saw the
>following:
>
>1 M7
>2 M6 Classics
>1 M3 wearing a collapsible Summicron
>1 Digilux 1
>1 Digilux 2.
>
>That's the record for the "Most-Leica-Sightings-In-One-Place" award
>in my experience (other than at Leica meetings,of course).  All were
>being "worn" on the chest, BTW; none were in use.
>
>Most of the DSLRs I saw were various flavors of Nikons.  I saw a few
>film SLRs, including one old no-meter Nikon F.
>
>The Park was a mobbed; more crowded than I've ever seen it.
>Shutters clicked continuously.  I even caught a few people taking
>pictures of *me* while I was taking pictures of others - unfair!
>
>I was using my M7 and hope to have some pictures to post in a couple of
>days.
>--
>Regards,

Last Sunday I was at our Chinese New Year's parade, and there were a
couple of Leica users there. One fellow was there with a couple of
Leicas and an Xpan - I had to do a quick check to see that I wasn't
looking into a mirror.

But no, it wasn't me as I was there with my Roundshot, and didn't
even have a Leica with me.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design