Subject: [Leica] Thanks to BD and John Szarkowski
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Feb 20 15:36:36 2005

B. D. Colen said:

> To each his or her own, Feli. It can of course be argued that by
> studying the work of various photographers one absorbs the "rules"
> without formally studying them. As to Dave Mason's using triangles in
> his series of portraits - one may use triangles, or divide the image
> into thirds without knowing or thinking about rules; doing those things
> may simply be visually appealing. :-)<<<<

Hi B.D.,
When I'm shooting, I'm shooting. I'm not analyzing composition of triangles
or other "rules of art design" before, click!  It's just plain old fashion,
see, shoot to motivation,over! Design factor doesn't consciously enter into
it at all, as it's what's happening when I see things that motivate me.

However, what is interesting, "art design people" look at my photography and
do an analysis of it's art explaining the composition of triangles in body
forms creating the strength of the picture. Interesting to be able to do
that.

Me? I just see bodies doing something interesting! ;-) Click.:-)

ted

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Thanks to BD and John Szarkowski)
Reply from jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Thanks to BD and John Szarkowski)