Subject: Question about DOF, Was: Re: [Leica] FLUG
From: ferider at yahoo.com (Der Eiserne Reiter)
Date: Mon Feb 21 09:28:02 2005

Hi Ted,

although it's Monday already, it's president's day in the US, so maybe I can
still ask
a question ? This is a technical one:

Does the DOF of a lens only depend the focal length or can it vary ?
The reason behind my question are different markings I have seen on
lens barrels, for instance when comparing a CV 35mm Ultron to a
Jupiter-12. Has Voigtlander just been more conservative ?
Also, does the number of aperture blades affect image quality
when a lens is closed ?

Thanks,

Roland.