Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica News
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Mon Feb 21 16:40:34 2005

The name "Leica" does have value.  However, I'm worried that in the future
we'll see "Leica" paper wedding cameras, as we now see $79 "DuMont" branded
TVs, or "Scott" low-fi stereos.

Or, as Yip Harburg put it:

Napoleon's a pastry
Bismarck is a herring
Alexander's a cr?me de cocoa mixed with rum
Herbie Hoover is a vac-u-um
Columbus is a circle, and a day off
Pershing is a square, what a pay off
Julius Caesar is now a salad on a shelf
So little brother, get wise to your self
Life's a bowl and it's full of cherry pits
Play it big and it throws you for a loop
That's the way with fate; comes today we're great
Comes tomorrow we're tomato soup
Napoleon's a pastry
Get this under your brow
What once used to be a rooster is a duster now
DuBarry is a lipstick
A Pompadour's a hairdo
A good Queen Mary just floats along from pier to pier
Venus DeMilo is a pink brazier
So Blackstone is a bag, ain't it shocking
and the Mighty Kaiser, just a stocking
The Czar of Russia is now a jar of caviar
Even Cleopatra is a black cigar
Oh yes, my honey lamb
Swift is just a ham
Lincoln's a tunnel; Coolidge is a dam!
Yes, my noble lads
Comes today we're fads
Comes tomorrow we're old subway ads
Homer is a swat,
King Jonah, you know what
Get this under your brow
All these big-wheel controversials are just commercials now

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA