Subject: [Leica] 'Leica Customers Sponsor Digital M'
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Feb 23 18:53:59 2005

B. D. Colen said:
Subject: RE: [Leica] 'Leica Customers Sponsor Digital M'
>I should hope you aren't - believing the rumor.
>
> This buy a share - give Leica your money - and if you're really, really,
> lucky they'll produce a camera you want in three years shows just how
> ridiculous this whole thing has gotten. Isn't the idea that an
> innovative company introduces innovative products and customers then
> beat a path to their door to buy them, and then the company makes money
> and the shareholders make money?<<<<

Hi B.D.,
It seems every day this whole discussion about "helping Leica is becoming
stupider and stupider!" Or "dummer and dummer."

Hell no one here is going to make a difference unless they're into
multi-multi millions, then buy out the place lock stock and barrel, complete
ownership! If you don't have say a couple hundred million to play with go
take pictures and be quiet! Any ideas brilliant or not, wont make any
difference to leica... Money is what it's all about not "quaint ideas!"

Once one has complete ownership then they need the balls to put a crew
together to produce a camera immediately as close in size and feel as an M,
produce it, get it out.... pray a lot and hope it sells. And definitely do
not pay one iota of attention to the people who keep saying.. "it must be
the classic leica M to sell to all the loyalists! Stupid bullshit! Heck they
buy one camera in 50 years, why? Because the only one they buy is made so
well it lasts that long, so as soon as the classic folks are finished, then
who do you sell too?

But my comments aren't any brighter than anyone else's, so why bang the key
board over a subject one has absolutely no control over. Besides I just got
a call to shoot some aerials on Monday in exchange for a flight in an old
WW2 training aircraft. Will fill you in next week after the flight. :-)
Just getting me ready for the Mustang flight in May! :-)
ted