Subject: [Leica] volunteer wanted for Leica Users Gallery
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed Feb 23 20:31:36 2005

The Leica Users Gallery is a victim of its own success. There are 150 people
using it, 380 albums, and 4000 photographs. It's really hard to find things.

The Gallery software that supports it does what it does, and I don't think
it's very practical to modify it.

What I'd like to do is produce an opening page for the Leica Users Gallery
that is a table of contents, with names of the photographers and links to
their work. The Gallery itself would continue to be open to anyone, and
would continue to do the same thing that it does not, but I'd like
http://gallery.leica-users.org/ to deliver a contents page, perhaps with a
paragraph of introduction.

I was hoping that there was somebody out there who would volunteer to keep
such a page up to date. I'm happy to create the initial version of it, if
you find that intimidating; if you are comfortable enough with web pages
that you'd just as soon create the initial version of the page yourself,
that's cool, too.

Brian
acting on a suggestion from Steve Barbour