Subject: [Leica] 'Leica Customers Sponsor Digital M'
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu Feb 24 02:13:00 2005

Rick Dykstra wrote:
> That's the fun part
>
> Rick
>
> On 24/02/2005, at 7:31 AM, Peter Dzwig wrote:
>
>> But then would you want to be committed to buying a DMB? What happens
>> if the company folds, or fails to meet its delivery date, etc etc...

Guys,

I was only trying to show that the proposition, while amusing, would be
uneconomical. The thing was ironical; trying to show what the costs to Solms
would be.

It wouldn't work - BD is absolutely right. This isn't about funding one
model,
it's about rescuing a company which has lost 50% of its nominal capital.

BUT BEWARE: German corporate law isn't US or UK law and there is a big
difference  between calling an EGM because the law requires it in Germany
and
the company **actually** going bust. The only people who know the true
situation
are the Leica Board...all our speculation is useless. If there is an
individual
on this list who can afford to buy Leica then it's up to them to do due
diligence and get on with it - or not.

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] 'Leica Customers Sponsor Digital M')
Message from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] 'Leica Customers Sponsor Digital M')