Subject: [Leica] Speaking of Street Photography
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Feb 27 14:54:29 2005

I think that may be the other way around, Paul - That something that we
would consider a good example of photo journalism might, if judged by
the standards applied to art photography, be considered bad. Or vice
versa.

I'm reminded of a relatively early winner of a Pulitzer Prize in news
photography - a shot of a tractor trailer dangling off a high bridge. It
was taken by an "amateur" using a box Brownie - literally, and is one of
the great examples of "f 8 and be there." Is it great
"photographically," when all the rules and standards are applied? Hell
no! But it's an incredible shot. ;-)