Subject: [Leica] Photos
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 1 19:23:07 2005

In a message dated 3/1/2005 8:59:55 AM Central Standard Time,
jbcollier@shaw.ca writes:
Damn and it is one of my favourite M lenses as well. I guess I will
have to sell it as the photos must be crap even though they look very
nice indeed. Oh my gawd, what about my 15 and 21!!

John Collier

On 1-Mar-05, at 4:57 AM, Richard S. Taylor wrote:

> 24 mm is a great focal length but to be used to best advantage it
> really needs to be used on an SLR,

John

Now don't get all upset.  I wanted a 24 mm M lens, but the wife choked when
she saw the price. ;-)  Then I found this R version on the e site for about
quarter of the price.  She liked that much better.  So that is what I got.
Then I convinced her I needed a new R8 (well a demo) and picked that up to
keep
the SL and R4SP company.  ;-)  Now I'm working on a new/used/demo M to keep
the
M6TTL company.  ;-)  One good thing about the unpopular R system is that
used
lenses go for a song, and the quality is every bit as good as the M lenses.
Yes, I know this is blasphemy, but I love them just as much as the M lenses.

As it worked out, the R8 and M6TTL were the perfect pair for the trip.

Now when are we going to see some shots with the new 50/1.4 Asph?

Gene