Subject: [Leica] Favourite Lens
From: mcyclwritr at comcast.net (mcyclwritr@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Mar 2 09:28:32 2005

Isn't that one amazingly sharp lens for a zoom? I've been using the 24-70mm
f/2.8L on a 20D to verify lighting and as a digital back up when shooting
models on film (85mm f/1.2L). For models without perfect skin, it is too
sharp. I've resorted to a using a diffuser to soften the flaws.
Sacrilegious, but merciful. The same is necessary with the 85mm, but it's
expected with that lens--so sharp it will reveal a blackhead the model's
grandmother had.

-Chris Lawson

Feli wrote,

>>On Canon EOS 1DS