Subject: [Leica] The high price of progress
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Thu Mar 3 18:28:42 2005

ribbons to daisywheels? manual to electric? bohemoth to cool-compact
Hemingway models? Just because they lasted longer doesn't mean there
wasnt change. I still have an old alpha-based computer that was made
in the early 80s - it runs fine its just that there were computers out
there that were better. I can run linux on it for free - I used to use
it as a firewall and still could if I wanted to. To me the whole
argument for "fast paced" digital age has as much to do with nostalgia
as anything else.

Dave