Subject: [Leica] Need RD-1 lens advice: 35 vs 50 vs 90
From: aalmansi at yahoo.com (Aquiles Almansi)
Date: Fri Mar 4 05:18:27 2005

Because of the APS-sized sensor, a 35mm lens yields
the angle of view of a 50mm lens with 35mm film.
Hence, you are likely to use your 35 mm lens at about
the same distance to subject that you would take with
a 50mm lens in a 35mm camera and, consequently, you
would get the same "perspective" (relative size of
foreground and background objects within the picture).

Since most people like the "perspective"  (in this
case nose size) they get with 75-105mm in 35mm
cameras, with an APS-sized sensor (or film) you are OK
with lenses in the 50-75mm range.

--- Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl>