Subject: [Leica] [OT] Contax n1 + Vario-SonnarR T* 3,5-4,5/24-85
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Mar 4 09:16:39 2005

As good as the glass unquestionable is, the value will undoubtedly drop
in a rock-like fashion because of the fact that these are complicated
electronic cameras, and without a company standing behind them, someone
who buys one and runs into trouble has himself an expensive metal,
glass, and plastic door stop. On the other hand, if Leica shuts its
doors, because of the essentially mechanical nature of the Ms and Rs,
and because there is a network of independent repair folks - to say
nothing of a real demand for the cameras - the value of used equipment
will undoubtedly rise.