Subject: [Leica] Presenting: Leica Rental -or- Try Before You Buy Program
From: colucci at thehearth.org (Dan Colucci)
Date: Fri Mar 4 14:47:59 2005

Formatting obviously didnt work - see

http://members.aol.com/dcolucci/rent1.htm

thanks

Dan

________________________________

From: lug-bounces+colucci=thehearth.org@leica-users.org on behalf of Dan
Colucci
Sent: Fri 3/4/2005 5:50 PM
To: Leica Users Group
Cc: DColucci@aol.com

 Camera & Lens Rental -or- Try before you Buy Program

STARTS next Friday, March 11 but taking reservations now !

Many of us camera lovers wish we could try out different cameras and lenses.
So many lenses, so little time ! This is your chance. I will be offering
classic lenses and cameras to rent OR for you to purchase after your rental
period.

Ok, how does it work ?

You rent the item for the price and time stated below. I will also collect a
security deposit equal to the purchase price of the item. Once the item is
returned in the same condition* as it left, your security deposit will be
returned in full.  The easiest way to go about this is using PAYPAL.

If you rent an item and decide you want to own it, contact me and I will
sell it to you for the price listed below and will CREDIT 70% of your rental
fee towards the purchase. For example, you rent my Leica Dual Range
Summicron for 10 days at $ 35. You decide you love this lens and want to own
it. The purchase price is $ 650. I will credit 70% of your rental fee, which
is $ 24.50, off the $ 650 purchase price.

Rental Periods are 10 days and 20 days, only. Rental Price includes shipping
from me to you - but, it does not include your cost of shipping back to me.

The rental time period starts the day after delivery is confirmed to you or
at your local post office ( because you were not home ).

For example: You purchase a 10 day rental plan for a lens.  I ship it to you
with delivery confirmation ( I use USPS with delivery confirmation ). The
day after that confirmed delivery date to you - the clock starts. The item
then must be returned 10 ( or 20 ) days from this start date.

===> Detailed example: April 1st I ship you a lens. Deliver is confirmed on
April 4. The clock starts April 5. I must receive the item back to me on
April 14 ( 10 days later ). It doesn't matter to me how you send it back (
UPS, FED EX or USPS ), but I would recommend you are able to track & insure
the package as it is your liability until it has been delivered back to me.
You are responsible until you get confirmation it has been delivered to my
location.

Rent more than one item and take 20% off total rental costs ( not off the
Purchase Price )

My 8+ year Ebay feedback can be found at
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=www-antiquecameras-net&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS

<http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=www-antiquecameras-net&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS>

I have been on Ebay since 1996. I have 1,321 Positive Feedbacks and a 99.9%
rating.  My website  www.antiquecameras.net <http://www.antiquecameras.net>
has been operating since 1995.

Here are the initial items I have in the program with more to come.  I will
begin sending rentals out next Friday.  Please email if you have interest in
renting any item or have more questions.  This is a NEW program that I hope
works out well for both users and myself.  Thanks, Dan

Item

Condition

Rental Price

10 / 20 days

Purchase Price   In stock ?

Leica Summicron D/R with Eyes   Excellent - recent CLA by DAG    $ 35 / $ 59
    $ 650   YES
Pentax 67 MLU Body with Non-Metered Prism        Used, but excellent working
condition   $ 25 / $ 39     $ 319   YES
Leica M3 Double Stroke body      Used, but excellent user        $ 35 / $ 59
    $ 650   YES
Leica Noctilux with hood ( serial # 25xxxxx )    Excellent User Condition
     $ 69 / $ 119

$ 1,475  YES
Voigtlander/Cosina 40mm F1.4 w/hood      As New - have all original packing
    $ 29 / $ 49     $ 399   NO
Leica 50mm Summicron - latest version - black    Excellent Condition -
perfect glass     $ 35 / $ 59     $ 650   YES
Voigtlander/Cosina 35mm F2.5 w/hood      As New, have all orginal packing
    $ 22 / $ 37     $ 250   YES
Generic Leica Screw  to M Mount  Excellent       $ 2 / $ 3       N/A     YES

*What happens if an item gets damaged ?  You will be responsible for
returning the item back to the condition in which it was received.  Each
item will be photographed - in detail - before it goes out to a new rental.
If something happens, you will need to pay the costs to have it repaired.
All items will be repaired by DAG or Golden Touch if Leica.  Other items to
be repaired by Essex Camera ( or KEH ). PLEASE NOTE: you will pay a rental
fee for the time it is being repaired.

If it is damaged beyond repair - you will need to purchase the item at the
purchase price ( less 80% of the rental fee ).