Subject: [Leica] Lens questions
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Mar 4 17:49:27 2005

Ruben,
The Summarit is pretty soft wide open.  Soft as in using a Softar
filter, the edges and lines are mostly there, just with no snap to them.
Flare is also a serious problem if there are bright light sources in the
frame.  By the time you get to 5.6 the lens is fine, just about as good
as the Summicron of the period.

Despite the above comments, I would never sell mine.  The Summarit has a
very distinctive look to it.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com