Subject: [Leica] Multiple Bodies
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Mar 5 19:15:32 2005

B. D. Colen offered:
Subject: RE: [Leica] Multiple Bodies

>I don't think Ted - don't know about your Pa - would say "worry about
> cropping...after you get the shot." The goal is to get a shot that
> doesn't require cropping. :-)<

Hi B.D.,
 Well I always try to fill the frame to avoid as little cropping as posible.
However, cropping is part and parcel of photography unless one is shooting
rocks, ferns and peeling paint while using an SLR type camera. In this case
they can take their time, a week or longer, ;-) for compositon in the view
finder to avoid cropping whatsoever. Then in 1/100th of a second capture the
image with no fear of cropping.

But in the real world of life, moving and living, it's almost, note I said,
"almost impossible" to shoot and then not have to crop at times. Even to
nick a bit off an edge, top, bottom or side for a tiny bit of improvement.
And I never have a problem with cropping as I figure it's all part of the
picture taking, print making procedure.

ted

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Multiple Bodies)