Subject: [Leica] Re: how to make conventional photography unconventional
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 6 06:47:09 2005

not sure what you want -- every digital camera I see for sale today still
says that it produces images "as good as film," or some variation of that in
the
sales pitch, and all the photogs I know who use the latest digital cameras
say
that the biggest problem they have is the extreme lack of latitude -- it's
like shooting chrome films, they say, and yearn for the days of color neg
film
with its 7-stop latitude

-- so are you suggesting they find a way to make film images worse?

>From where I sit (making display 11 by 14 images in a wet darkroom, b/w) I
could, by spendign enough money, possibly duplicate what I already can do in
digital and get more speed or ease or something, although I'd also be adding
lot of computer time, but the cost would be enormous and the quality gain
nil.
The way I was raised, that's a bad deal.

ctrentelman

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: how to make conventional photography unconventional)