Subject: [Leica] was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 6 08:06:40 2005

In a message dated 3/6/2005 8:59:55 A.M. Central Standard Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:
Yes, it's true that many a shot ultimate  requires cropping, but I
personally take having to crop as at least a partial  failure on my part

B.D.
Since I was a fisherman before I was a photographer, my attitude is  that
rarely is a fish ready to eat just after you catch it.  One must clean  it,
get
rid of that which is not tasty or digestible, and cook it lovingly and
present
it attractively.

Most of the time when I see a picture  posted, and I say, "this picture
could
benefit from cropping," or "this picture  wants to be contrastier," and the
shooter writes back, "Oh I never crop!" or "I  never photoshop."

When I get that back, I know the person probably can't  cook, and possibly
thinks Campbell's Gumbo is what we eat in  Louisiana.

Phooey. I've said it before, and I'll say it again and  again,  It is just
laziness to not try to make your picture all it can  be.  Subscribing to
some
silly notion that you must always follow a rule  that you made up in the
first
place takes a horrible toll on your creativity.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches,  Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?,  crawfish

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!)
Reply from chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown) ([Leica] was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!)
Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!)