Subject: [Leica] Ansel
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Mon Mar 7 09:15:41 2005

Out here in California, AA created a log jam with his work. Just about
everything was judged against it. It stifled the creative atmosphere,
and it kept other very venerable hands of the medium from getting their
just do. This was due to the very narrow market for this kind of work.
With AA saturating the market with prints geared to every level of
sales, from lithos to finished prints, it left little room for the
others.
Never mind that for the longest time, one's work was judged whether or
not one was one of his associates from the seminar circuit.
S. Dimitrov