Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 9: Not just snow
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Mar 8 07:43:37 2005

Nathan - I always enjoy your photos and these are certainly no
exception.  I particularly like these two.

A canal near my house:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_9alt3.jpg

Frozen weeds:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_9alt4.jpg

(snip)

Houston has an exceptional opera company to judge from what I've read
of their well-reviewed productions.  As I suspect you well know,
singing opera is a tough business.  Your cousin is quite a vocal
athlete.  I can well understand her bundling up against the chill.
Can you share her full name with us?  I'd be interested to know if
I'd ever heard her at the Met in NY.

Many thanks.  Keep those pictures coming.

>Alla is a second cousin of mine. We were quite close as children (we
>are exactly the same age) but had lost contact in recent years. Alla
>was born and grew up in Odessa in the then Soviet Union (now
>Ukraine), and she and her family emigrated to Israel during the
>1980s. She is an opera singer and now lives in Houston with her
>husband, who also sings opera. We had not seen each other for 27
>years, until she stopped by last week--she had been visiting her
>father in Israel and was on her way home, with a 4-hour stopover in
>Amsterdam. I met her at the airport and we went into the city. She
>is most certainly not a cold-weather person:
>http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_9alt1.jpg

(snip)

--
Regards,