Subject: [Leica] Advice needed on 35mm lens for Leica M
From: chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Tue Mar 8 19:07:43 2005

Maybe I'm a fool, but the 35/1.4 and the 50/1 are two lenses (along, of
course, with an M film body) that I intend to hang on to the bitter end,
in hopes that a reasonable digital M body will someday appear.

The 35/1.4 "sings" to me through all its apertures; just as the
Noctilux's vignette at full aperture is a 'flaw' in the technical sense,
the 35/1.4's 'softness' possesses a character all its own.  I don't
defend it against modern designs, but on its own terms it's a formidable
lens with a distinct Leica signature.  I love it.

CHandos