Subject: [Leica] Dzwig PAW 9 - Blackheath Village -URL corrected
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Wed Mar 9 13:50:41 2005

Peter wrote:

>Leica IIIf 5cm Summarit BW400CN
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/album164/Blackheathvillage200503
>
>comments -  favourable or otherwise - are welcome as always.

Peter - great to see what 'real Leicas' can do!

Nice atmospheric shot. But I scrolled down and down, and there was
nothing but snow and more snow in the bottom half. So I reduced it in
size until I could see the whole shot, and, FWIW, I would have
cropped this shot at the bottom so it was about 25% snow and the
landscape/buildings were more the main point of interest. Your
mileage may differ.

Glad to see that someone else out there is using the 50/1.5 Summarit.
I use mine with an even more venerable IIIa and a 50mm b/l finder,
which is a revelation in terms of ease of composing shots.

Recently I took this combo to Barcelona after the lens's overhaul
(actually total rebuild and re-coat) by UK Leica wizard, Malcolm
Taylor, who did such a good job on my wonderful 85/1.5 Summarex.

Before Malcolm got at it, the Summarit was a very 'atmospheric' lens.
It flared like crazy contre-jour. Now, as you can see from the
Barcelona shot, it's absolutely fine in high contrast situations.

See:

http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/

The story of my Summarex can be found there too.

Nice shot - thanks for sharing a little bit of England.

Best

A.

--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
        +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@iol.ie
Also: corkflor.2@virgin.net (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019