Subject: [Leica] Pewter and Silver from Cabrillo Ntl Monument and other images.
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Mar 10 21:06:58 2005

These images were made on the Point Loma headlands that guard the
entrance to San Deigo Harbor. Although the headlands are almost
entirely under Navy control there is the Cabrillo National Monument
that overlooks the harbor and the ocean.

Lots of restoration work has been going on there at significant cost,
much of it using native plants. Since my wife is the administrative
director of the California Native Grasslands Association
(http://www.cnga.org) we have an interest in such things and I've been
looking for beauty in grasses.

Here's an attempt:

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2005/03/09/_L3U0709.jpg>

There are also a wide selection of wildflowers this spring. San Diego
has experience a once-every-300-years rainfall.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2005/03/09/_L3U0720.jpg>

And this was taken on the Pacific side of the headland as the fog and
marine layer blew in. My wife though it was like silver on pewter. I
think she nailed the description.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2005/03/09/_L3U0731.jpg>

All of these are with the 1Ds MkII and the trusty Leica 100 APO. I am
getting used focusing wide open and then stopping down although I'd
love to have the automatic functions I had with the R8. Stlll that's
about the only thing I really miss.

Comments and criticsm most welcome.

Adam Bridge