Subject: [Leica] RD-1 users: Light loss with fast lenses?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Mar 11 10:49:19 2005

Keep in mind that Olympus long resisted the use of the old Zuiko lenses
on the E-1, and when they finally gave out an OM to E-1 adapter, they
listed the aperture range at which the lenses should be used - and not a
single lens was recommended for use at anywhere near the maximum F stop.
So it's hardly surprising that you're finding what you're finding.

That said, I've used the 50 1.2 on my E-1 - at 1.2 (why else would I use
it?) - turning it into a 100 f 1.2, and have gotten some surprisingly
good results. I also used the 21 f2.

B. D.