Subject: [Leica] Advice needed on 35mm lens for Leica M
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 12 13:26:54 2005

In a message dated 3/8/2005 5:55:03 PM Central Standard Time,
smcj35@yahoo.com writes:
I need some help to choose a used 35mm lens for
my M outfit to replace a Summicron I lent to a
friend and never got back (my friend bought it
from me).  I am using a 40mm Summicron-C as a
temporary replacement.

I could just replace the 35mm Summicron with
another, however I wondered about the pre-ASPH
Summilux and also the ASPH Summicron, which now
seems to be coming on to the used market in
larger numbers.
Well, I just got back from a trip to So. Cal, where I bought a Pre Asph
35/1.4 Summilux and a used M4-P at Cal's Camera in Costa Mesa.  The test
roll was
quite nice, and as far as i am concerned the BOKEH etc are very nice.  Lens
seems quite sharp, but some softness at full aperture, but nothing to cry
about.
I seem to have misplaced the negs and prints since unpacking, but will post
some as soon as I find them again.  Unfortunately I am leaving for Houston
on
the 21st so I don't have much time to look right now.

Gene