Subject: [Leica] OT: USB power scanners - recommondations?
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sun Mar 13 18:41:18 2005

At 6:25 PM -0700 05.3.13, Adam Bridge wrote:
>Does anyone on this list have any recommendations for USB powered scanners?

Canon makes a nice series of Lide scanners (I don't know what they're
called in the USA).  They're ultra-thin. I take mine to the library
to scan in reserve material from time to time. You can scan directly
to PDF or TIFF/JPEG. It fits nicely in my backpack although at A3
size, it's a tad big.

I think they even have one that does 35mm transparencies/film with an
adapter, but the quality of the little LIDE scanners aren't that
great so I wouldn't use it as my main film scanner. And it's frame by
frame, so you'll grow old quickly.

Karen Nakamura
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/