Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW 11: Modern Dancers in Action
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Mon Mar 14 07:53:19 2005

Hi Folks,

On Wednesday I photographed (for the third year in a row) a local modern
dance group as they prepare for their big annual concert.  (It was a 100%
Leica shoot...an M2 with 35/2 summicron containing XP2 and an M6TTL with
90/2.8 elmarit-m containing Fujipress 1600.)

I shot them during a dress rehearsal while they ran the pieces as they
normally do...no posing or reshooting.  It's a lot of fun trying to
anticipate the action and get photos that convey a sense of the
motion...occasionally it works reasonably well.

My PAW this week is my (current) favorite photo from the shoot:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_11/index.html

For those with more energy, there's also a link there to my initial picks
for Top Twenty from the shoot.

Comments welcome and thanks for looking,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW 11: Modern Dancers in Action)
Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW 11: Modern Dancers in Action)