Subject: [Leica] Gray market
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Wed Mar 16 12:03:44 2005

On Mar 16, 2005, at 11:52 AM, Christopher Driggett wrote:

> Feli,
>       In Nikon USA's case if you purchased something grey market in the US
> then they will never touch it for service no matter if it is in
> warranty or not.

So, if you purchase a used item that was originally purchased grey, you
are out of luck if it needs to be serviced, even if it's out of
warranty and you are willing to pay?

> If you purchased it outside of the US then they will honor the
> warranty.  This is usually the same for the other companies. If you
> are going to purchase grey market then purchase it outside of the USA.

Hong Kong probably.

I'm looking for a 1.4/35 Summilux ASPH. New it would break the bank,
but I could swing it gray or as a dealer demo...

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Gray market)