Subject: [Leica] Josha Tree National Park Wildflowers
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Mar 16 21:58:29 2005

Thanks, Ted, I really appreciate you comments. What's instructive is
how difficult it is to put away a preconceived idea: I want this nice
sharp shot because I want people to SEE this. But of course I couldn't
get that, exactly, so I wasn't willing to set aside what I WANTED and
see what I was GIVEN.

Yet another lesson you, and others on this list, have shared.

Thank you - thank all of you!

Adam

ps: We didn't have time to get to Death Valley. I wish I had - there's
a LAKE again in the bottom of the valley - a kayaker paddling across
the ankle-deep lake. All across the desert southwest there are
flowers, different species at different altitudes, different soils,
different micro-climates. It's wonderful and amazing - blends of color
and texture - sometimes whole mountainsides normally grays and browns
now yellow and green. Looking across a desert vista - out on the
horizon - a huge patch of yellow - wildflowers as if someone had
painted the landscape with a brush. It's a Springtime, not of a
centure, but of several centuries. Is this what the Anasazi lived in
before the climate shifted? I don't know - but it's wonderful to
experience now.

AB