Subject: [Leica] Gray market
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Mar 16 22:40:13 2005

One of my pet peeves....   Non-World Wide warranties.  It goes with the
non-world wide pricing.

If you want to differentiate yourself, instead of protecting one dealer over
another ( just because they live and operate out of country A, B, or C),
make warranties world wide.  Period.  No tiny small, itty bitty print or
weasel words.  You buy the camera wherever you want at a basically fixed
price, we warrant it throughout the world.

It COULD be simple.  But the historical background is that individual
countries distribution networks had their own P+S.  Therefore they each
wanted their turf protected.  You can protect by not honoring another
country's warranty.

It is old school thinking.  We are now in the world of the Internet, and
world wide purchasing is here.  Make changes.  Make happy customers.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Gray market)