Subject: [Leica] Camera for 5 year old
From: craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder)
Date: Fri Mar 18 14:49:51 2005

When my daughter was that age, she had a ball with a little Pentax 110
slr kit.  She was a very grownup and careful kid and spent great amounts
of time setting up "sets" and taking Barbie and doll-related pictures.
She would dress up the dog and take endless shots of the poor, suffering
beast.  I had a little kit with a few lenses and flash for her.  I was
apprehensive about her handling the small pieces of this little rig but
it actually seemed to fit her just right and was easily managed.  The
fact that it was more than just a toy-like camera/system seemed to
instill some respect for the equipment and I'm glad I approached it the
way I did back then (she'll turn 27 next week!).  She has turned out to
be an excellent photographer with a good eye, good technique and a
steady hand.  I think that most of the basics were learned with that
little camera.