Subject: [Leica] glow, fingerprint etc....
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Mar 19 15:49:06 2005

Dan's selling a 4th 35mm 'cron took me to some searches. I understand that
it's legendary in bokeh and of course even the esteemed Luggers have
another go at it just last week on wether glow ==
distortion/flare/softness/aberrations. Anyway, this is probably old news to
some, but I found this page:
http://www.jimarnold.org/galleries/leica_35_test/ directly comparing the
34ASPH cron vs. 4th gen.

One thing that gets to me is that on the ASPH, the background gets out of
focus "quicker," whereas the 4th gen's background sort of slowly gets out
of focus. I have noticed this behavior on my 35/1.4ASPH and 50/1.4ASPH as
well and, truth be told, may be I am a heretic, but I actually like that 3D
pop look on the ASPH lens.

use richard at imagecraft.com)