Subject: [Leica] 75mm F/2 M lens?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Mar 20 22:46:31 2005

On 3/20/05 7:07 PM, "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
typed:

> Mark,
>
> You have your wish on both counts.
>
> "...a form so compact that it does not infringe on the field of view of the
> 75mm frame when looking through the camera..."
>
> "Length ca. 66,8mm
> diameter ca. 58mm
> weight ca. 445g
> near-distance: 0,7m
> Filter E49
> fixable lenshood "
>
> William

Thanks William we'd this info come from and I bet the filter size says it
all.
49mm!

By the way the 75 1.4 is 80mm long and uses a 60 filter, same as the
Noctilux! 5mm longer than it's stated focal length Would that make it a long
focus not a telephoto lens I think so!

My 78mm in true length 90 APO ASPH Summicron which I've very used to is
12mm's longer the 75 APO ASPH Summicron and uses a  biggish 55 (Canon)
filter which is 6mm's wider than the 75 Summicron Olympus filter. So I'm
getting the idea.
It's a half an inch shorter..
And a cool clean quarter inch less fat. Or from Canon to Olympus less fat.

My 78mm in true length 90 APO ASPH Summicron which I've very used to is 2mm
SHORTER than the monster 75 Summilux!

55 filters getting very big with Leica now with Leicas modern ASPH's.
55 is the new 39! :)

Just like with Nikon:
77 is the new 52!

49'ers (Olympus) as I look at a lens list is one of Leicas traditionally
least favorite sizes. I carry them in my bag for my 135 3.4 APO when I carry
that. A newish lens for Leica.

I think for the many people who think (spurning the 90) that their 50 is
their long lens it just make them have their long lens BE a long lens.
A 75.
Hey I'ts just a cropped 50! No biggie!

Which also deals with an unfortunate common mindset you run into that a 50
is in some kind of twilight boring zone of non usability.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/