Subject: [Leica] filter thread summarit
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Mar 21 08:13:38 2005

At 05:01 PM 3/21/05 +0100, Ruben wrote:
>Hi - does anyone know what filter size to use on a summarit 5 cm 1,5
>M-bayonet (probably from 1950-1960 - thanks

41mm screw-in.  A Tiffen 41F or Ednalite 602 Series VI adapter will work,
incidentally, and new 41mm Series VI adapters, hoods, and filters are
available from Harrison & Harrison in California at a VERY reasonable price
-- the Series adapter, hood, and two filters will probably run around $35
or so.

The Xenon and Summarit lenses also can take external bayonet fitting hoods
and filters, though these are now quite hard to locate.    I believe that I
have one filter in such a fitting but, for normal shooting, I use an
Ednalite 602 adapter ring and Series VI hood.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] filter thread summarit)