Subject: [Leica] Why you shouldn't go pro....
From: lug-owner at leica-users.org (by way of Karen Nakamura)
Date: Tue Mar 22 06:13:28 2005

I was just clearing out my old mailing list files when I came across
this posting below on the  z-ProPhoto@yahoogroups.com list.  I think
it's a word of caution for Richard -- don't give up your day job. If
you are thinking of going pro, have a nest egg of at least 12 months
where you can have zero income and still make it -- assuming that
you'll still have to pay for the kids medical bills, school costs,
etc. And look into how much individual health care will cost you --
that alone might bankrupt you.

>Thanks so much for all of your help and suggestions.
>
>My photography and ambitions will be put on hold for a while, I
>guess...despite all my efforts to keep paying the bills (husband was
>unemployed, long story), the lease on our car is past due *again* and
>they're not cutting us any more slack.  Which means repossession and
>probably bankruptcy.
>
>*sigh*
>
>There goes my house, my darkroom, and everything.
>
>Anyway, thanks again...I will continue to follow the conversations
>here, and hopefully I will keep learning, even if I can't afford to
>actually *do* anything.

Karen Nakamura
karen@photoethnography.com
http://www.photoethnography.com