Subject: [Leica] Crufts 2005 Album
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Thu Mar 24 09:38:36 2005

Peter - As a veteran of a number of these shows (my ex showed dogs -
Rhodesian Ridgebacks - here in New England) these are all very
familiar scenes to me.  Looks like not much has changed in the twenty
years or so I last attended one.

These three work best for me.  In the first I'd be tempted to crop
the shot a bit below the dog, though.  The dog food bag distracts, at
least to my eye, from the wary expression on the boy's face.

>This week's PAW. The Dane was about the size of the dog - I didn't
>dare disturb either by getting closer.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album144/Boyand_GtDaneCrufts2005

In this one, I think the dogs at the bottom of the frame are
distracting and would want to crop just above the left dog's head to
focus on the nicely caught gaze of the two people looking at the dog
being fed.

>But I do like Anatolian Carabashes...
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/album144/AnatolianCarabashShepherdsCrufts2005

Of these two, the first, I think.  He's obviously had it for the day.
Nice shot.

>It's tiring (and alternate). Which one??
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/album144/OlderManandDogsCrufts2005
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/album144/OlderManandDogsCrufts2005Crop1

This is a terrific subject.  I kept wishing as I looked at it though
that you could have gotten more directly to his side.

>Dog carries Man isn't news, but....
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/album144/MancarriesDogCrufts2005
>
>Hope they provide you with some amusement. Thanks for looking.
>Comments and thoughts are always welcome
>
>Peter Dzwig

Nice pictures, Peter, thanks for the look and the reminder of my
occasional dog show days.

--
Regards,

Dick